LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017!
THE FOLLOWING IS WHAT HAPPENED THIS YEAR
A Free Event, donations encouraged
Saturday, May 14 from 10 AM – 5 PM
Oregon Rail Heritage Center
Trains, trains, trains! What better way to celebrate Portland Train Day than at Oregon Rail Heritage Center – the only working rail museum in Portland? Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation is resurrecting Portland’s celebration of trains with the first annual Portland Train Day. ORHF’s Portland Train Day joins Train Days across the country in commemorating the completion of the first transcontinental railroad with the pounding of the ‘Golden Spike’ at Promontory Summit, Utah on May 10, 1869.
Portland Train Day 2016 will be held rain or shine and will include fun activities for all ages. The three majestic steam engines, and other rolling stock, who live at the Center will be on hand for viewing. Visitors will get to meet the volunteers who keep these engines in tip top condition and take a ride to Oaks Park and back. Stay tuned for a list of our other fun activities, including games and live music to entertain the crowd. Of course, any trademark Portland event requires Portland’s beloved food carts – so make sure you come hungry!
Make Portland Train Day a success! Help us by sponsoring the event at one of the following levels and receive a thank you gift:
- Hostler (donation of $25 or more) A Portland Train Day 2016 vinyl decal
- Gandy Dancer (donation of $100 or more) Add a Portland Train Day commemorative bag
- Yardmaster (donation of $500 or more) Add a public recognition via social media following Portland Train Day 2016
- Conductor (donation of $1000 or more) Add a personal tour of Locomotive 4449
- Engineers (donation of $2500 or more) Add a mention in all online marketing of the event AND Enjoy a cab ride for two on the Holiday Express!