We operate Holiday Express trains out of The Oaks Station, which is across the street from Oaks Amusement Park and Skating Rink. The amusement park is closed for the season, but the skating rink with live organ music is open.
The Oaks Station
7806 SE Oaks Park Way
Portland, OR 97202
Traffic on the Sellwood bridge and in the Sellwood business district can be difficult, particularly on weekend afternoons. Please give yourself plenty of time.
- Use Google Maps below to plan your driving route.
- If you are driving west from Sellwood, turn north on SE 6th Avenue from Tacoma Street, then west on Spokane St.
- If you are driving east across the Sellwood bridge, you can no longer turn left on 6th street. Proceed east until you can turn left, then go one block to Tacoma street and turn left again.
- Once you cross the train tracks, make a right on Oaks Park Way, which parallels along the bike path and train tracks. Drive north and turn left into Oaks Amusement Park parking lot.
You can take any MAX train to Rose Quarter Transit Center and board line #70 destined for Milwaukie TC. Deboard the bus at Spokane Street (one block north of Tacoma St), walk a few blocks west to the Springwater Trail/Oaks Park Way, and go north to Oaks Park Station.From the south, take any bus route to Milwaukie TC, board line #70 destined for Rose Quarter TC, deboard at Spokane Street, walk a few blocks west to the Springwater Trail/Oaks Park Way, and go north to Oaks Park Station.This neighborhood is very safe and pedestrian friendly, and there are a number of cafes and restaurants within the 0.5-mile walking distance. Portland is also an active partner in the Zipcar car-sharing program.
To get from the Rail Heritage Center to The Oaks Station:
- Head south on McLaughlin Blvd (99E)
- Exit onto Tacoma street — follow the signs to the Sellwood bridge.
- Head west to 6th street and turn right.
- Immediately turn left on Spokane St.
- Turn right just after the railroad track.
- Turn left into the parking area just before the big white tent.